VP of Service & Operations
., CA . US
Pay Range: $150,000 - $200,000
As the VP of Service and Operations, you are responsible for managing the Service Department to meet customer needs and exceed company goals. This involves driving growth, managing margins and overhead, and developing personnel. You are also a member of the Executive Leadership Team and contribute to the company's overall strategic direction. You should have a strong operations background, leadership, and communication skills, and be highly analytical.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop strategic plans for department growth and business development.
- Supervise department budgets and financial performance.
- Oversee service superintendents, technicians, coordinators, sales staff, and administrative staff.
- Provide quotations and estimates for customers.
- Prepare and maintain department budget.
- Review department invoicing procedure
- Collaborate with steams to target non-company customers and increase market presence.
- Enhance department structure, processes, and standardization.
- Develop management and leadership skills of team members.
- Implement methods to record and analyze customer feedback.
- Promote a safety-centered culture and ensure customer needs are exceeded.
- Serve as a liaison between customer service department and other departments.
- Make decisions centered on customer needs and company standards.
- Administer department purchasing.
- Generate sales, estimates, and proposals.
- Interface with customers to understand their needs and requests.
- Ensure client satisfaction with work quality and interactions.
- Develop customer partnerships and coach team members in building relationships.
- Set strategic goals for service personnel aligned with the company's standards.
- Build and train a team of qualified professionals.
- Encourage continuous learning and improvement.
- Ensure compliance with company policy and foster collaboration between departments.
- Create a positive team atmosphere and hold employees accountable for professionalism.
- Define performance and development objectives for employees.
- Ensure compliance with company practices, procedures, and regulatory standards.
- Ensure team members understand systematic problem-solving methods.
- Bachelor’s degree in business management or equivalent.
- 10 years of experience in a similar industry with increasing responsibilities and supervision.
- Valid driver's license and clear driving record.
- Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
Meet Your Recruiter
Doug brings over 20 years of executive recruitment experience to Availability Professional Staffing. Prior to joining APS, Doug owned his own search firm where he specialized in sales and executive recruitment. He also led the talent acquisition function for a large national security company for eight years. Doug holds a Master of Science degree in Industrial Relations from Georgia State University and a Bachelor of Science degree in Business Administration from West Virginia University. He and his wife have two grown children and a grandchild.