Turlock, CA 95380 US
A local Woman owned CPA Firm has partnered with AVAILABILITY Professional Staffing in their search for a Remote Seasonal Tax Preparer. Must have prior tax preparation experience and excellent customer service skills.
Pay Rate: $25-$30/hr.
Requirements of the Tax Preparer:
- 1+ years of tax preparation experience
- HS Diploma, BS Degree NOT required.
- Experience with Lacerte highly preferred
- 2+ years MS Office experience
- Passion for providing extraordinary customer service.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced work environment.
Responsibilities of the Tax Preparer:
- Gather and analyze tax-related documentation from individuals, families, and business owners to accurately prepare various types of tax returns, including personal, partnership, S Corp, C Corp, trust, and estate returns.
- Manage time and complexity for each tax return after conducting a quick initial assessment; ensuring efficient and thorough completion of each project.
- Apply tax laws and regulations to minimize clients' tax liability through legally allowable credits, deductions, and adjustments.
- Simplify complex tax concepts and communicate them effectively to clients, providing tax planning tips and advice as applicable.
- Assist clients who owe taxes in making payment arrangements and facilitate the smooth deposit of tax refunds.
- Utilize tax software applications, particularly Lacerte, to prepare and file accurate tax returns, verifying the accuracy of returns through collaboration with co-workers, tax professionals, and clients as necessary. Utilize Canopy for tax transcripts.
- Maintain a positive and supportive demeanor during interactions with clients, avoiding negative judgments and providing a helpful and educational experience related to their tax matters.
- Stay updated with changes in tax laws and regulations, ensuring compliance.
- Collaborate with team members and contribute to a cohesive work environment, sharing knowledge and expertise to enhance the overall performance of the tax preparation process.
Meet Your Recruiter
Sr. Staffing Consultant
Kelsey was born and raised in West Virginia but moved to California for career opportunities presented by AVAILABILITY in 2016. She is currently our HR Coordinator/Staffing Consultant, touching many aspects of the business including candidate payroll, accounts payable, accounts receivable, as well as recruiting. When Kelsey is not in the office you can find her at home with her three dogs, spending time with family, or outdoors exploring nature!