Tax Analyst-Indirect - California
Modesto, CA 95357 US
$28-$38/hr DOE, non-exempt
Do you love numbers and are known for your attention to detail? We have a fantastic opportunity with a PREMIER company, for an Accounting Indirect Tax Analyst. Offering excellent benefits and culture, you’d love working here. You’ll play a key role in the company’s succuss - managing and ensuring accurate reporting and issuing timely payments for various taxes for the company. Let’s talk!
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual tax returns for various departments.
- Report on sales and use tax, property, and gross receipts.
- Reconcile each return to ensure accurate payment based on inventory
- Respond to notices and assist with audits from state authorities
- Stay updated on current state tax policies and upcoming changes
- Analyze tax returns and identify trends or inconsistencies for review by the Tax Director
- Assist with special projects and collaborate with the leadership team
- Analyze and update tax software as needed
- Maintain a high level of attention to detail, accuracy, and speed in task execution
- Self-prioritize workload effectively to meet deadlines and handle multiple assignments
- Be a team player and be willing to perform tasks beyond the primary role, including providing support to colleagues and performing clerical duties as assigned
- Display enthusiasm for learning and growing with the company
- Prefer a degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, or a related field
- Relevant experience in tax compliance may be considered in lieu of formal education
- 1-3 years of experience in indirect tax compliance, with a preference for motor fuel compliance experience
- Familiarity with tax software such as PDI Enterprise, Avalara, or similar platforms is preferred
- Strong computer skills required, including proficiency in Excel, data import/export, and working with formulas
Meet Your Recruiter
Sr. Staffing Consultant
Kelsey was born and raised in West Virginia but moved to California for career opportunities presented by AVAILABILITY in 2016. She is currently our HR Coordinator/Staffing Consultant, touching many aspects of the business including candidate payroll, accounts payable, accounts receivable, as well as recruiting. When Kelsey is not in the office you can find her at home with her three dogs, spending time with family, or outdoors exploring nature!