SR. Finance Specialist
Stockton, CA 95202 US
Our highly regarded client has joined forces with APS to identify an experienced Sr. Finance Specialist for an immediate opportunity! If you possess expertise in Sr. Finance Specialist with Grant experience and are seeking a fresh and exciting opportunity, this position might be the ideal match for you.
Salary: $62,000 - $75,000
Hours: Monday thru Friday
The Finance Senior Specialist performs advanced financial analyses, including budget development and administration, financial planning, and process improvement. They independently handle complex financial duties, ensuring compliance with accounting standards, regulations, and organizational policies. Additionally, they may provide guidance to other staff and oversee projects.
Great opportunity to get in the doors of a large local public entity. Performs responsible financial, statistical, budgetary, and other analyses in support of the development and administration of department budgets.
- Participates in the planning, development, implementation and monitoring of department and District-wide operating and capital budgets.
- Work closely with the grants department on budget, grants programming, and post grant reporting.
- With direction, develops, reviews, summarizes and analyzes financial plan projections and documents.
- Utilizes budget and accounting system software to perform in-depth revenue, expenditure, budgetary and other analyses.
- Monitors, tracks and analyzes actual performance against budget.
- Identifies potential issues and formulates recommendations to management.
- Drafts and/or analyzes budget proposals, requests and other related documents, including budget amendments.
- Bachelor Degree Business or Public Administration
- Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Great written and verbal communication
Meet Your Recruiter
Jamie comes to APS with over 15 years of Executive Recruitment and Client Management Experience working on searches to build great teams in a variety of different industries throughout her career. Prior to joining APS, Jamie owned her own Executive Search firm where she specialized in nationwide searches for Accounting, Finance, Operations, Sales, and Marketing roles. She holds an MBA in General Business and a BSBA in Marketing from the University of Central Florida. Although Jamie was born and raised in Florida, she currently resides in Las Vegas, Nevada with her two young children and Golden Retriever. Jamie is passionate about recruiting and doing what she feels is best for both her candidates and clients.