Ceres, CA 95307 US
Pay Range: $70k-$80k
Location: Stanislaus County
- Support and direct the QA laboratory staff.
- Perform audits related to food safety and generate necessary reports.
- Supervise the inventory of laboratory supplies, chemicals, and consumables, overseeing the product testing budget.
- Stay updated on emerging trends and shifts affecting food safety and compliance with USDA plant regulations.
- Collaborate with the Quality Assurance Manager to conduct audits on plant facilities and drive enhancements to the QA Plan
- Develop and analyze monthly quality reports, identifying relevant trends.
- Support the Quality Assurance Manager in addressing foreign material and food safety incidents, product recalls, traceability, and mock recalls.
- Ensure continuous compliance with FDA, USDA, and international food regulatory standards.
- Timely communication of all quality-related issues.
- Provide production with timely weekly/daily quality reports during production meetings.
- Identify and report off-specification products, determining suitable disposition.
- Over 3 years of experience in the food industry, showcasing advancement in roles of increasing responsibility.
- Preferred Bachelor's Degree in Food Science or a related field.
- Expertise or certifications in HACCP, SQF, ISO, and GFSI.
- Past supervisory experience is preferred.
Meet Your Recruiter
Doug brings over 20 years of executive recruitment experience to Availability Professional Staffing. Prior to joining APS, Doug owned his own search firm where he specialized in sales and executive recruitment. He also led the talent acquisition function for a large national security company for eight years. Doug holds a Master of Science degree in Industrial Relations from Georgia State University and a Bachelor of Science degree in Business Administration from West Virginia University. He and his wife have two grown children and a grandchild.