Operations Director (non-profit)
Elk Grove, CA 95624 US
Sacramento/San Joaquin County
We are seeking a dynamic and versatile Operations Director, with a passion for non-profits, to join our team and lead the organization in accomplishing its vision, mission, and strategy to preserve the farmland in California.
Position Summary: As the Operations Director, you will play a crucial role in overseeing the day-to-day functions of our organization. Working closely with the Board and Executive Director, you will provide strategic leadership to ensure the smooth progress of operational activities. This full-time hybrid position, based in the central valley, requires a minimum of four days per week at our office during regular business hours.
- Plan and monitor daily operational activities, implementing cost-effective systems to meet current and future organizational needs.
- Supervise, collaborate, and provide constructive feedback to staff, demonstrating strong leadership skills.
- Administer the 401k retirement plan and medical/dental/vision insurance policies.
- Develop and manage the operating budget in coordination with the Executive Director and Budget Finance and Risk Management Committee.
- Review organizational financials, forecast, and report findings to the Executive Director and Committee.
- Support conservation easement transactions and prepare annual reports for municipalities.
- Engage with local governments on farmland protection programs and attend relevant meetings.
- Oversee the annual financial audit and compilation of board meeting minutes.
- Lead the accreditation renewal process with the Land Trust Commission Accreditation.
- Coordinate the preparation/update of the organization's strategic plan policies and other documents.
- Maintain effective relationships with agriculture and farmland conservation organizations.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, agribusiness, or business management.
- Non-profit experience preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a similar role.
- Passion for agriculture and advocacy for farmland preservation.
- High business acumen, organizational skills, and interpersonal ability.
- Strong communication abilities, including writing, speaking, and active listening.
- Event programming experience desired.
- Ability to travel in the state (about 25% of time) and some weekends as needed.
Meet Your Recruiter
Jamie comes to APS with over 15 years of Executive Recruitment and Client Management Experience working on searches to build great teams in a variety of different industries throughout her career. Prior to joining APS, Jamie owned her own Executive Search firm where she specialized in nationwide searches for Accounting, Finance, Operations, Sales, and Marketing roles. She holds an MBA in General Business and a BSBA in Marketing from the University of Central Florida. Although Jamie was born and raised in Florida, she currently resides in Las Vegas, Nevada with her two young children and Golden Retriever. Jamie is passionate about recruiting and doing what she feels is best for both her candidates and clients.