Stockton, CA 95210 US
Pay Rate: $22-$24/hr.
Benefits: Health, Dental, Vision, PTO, 401K
Location: Onsite- Stockton, CA
Schedule: need to be available to provide support Monday through Saturday from 8:00AM – 9:00PM within an 8-hour shift
Requirements of the Medical Assistant:
- One year of experience in clinical setting and/or satisfactory completion of a medical assistant training program.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Knowledge and understanding of customs, beliefs and needs of consumer group(s) served.
- Valid California Driver's License, proof of automobile insurance and personal transportation.
- Current cardiopulmonary resuscitation certificate (CPR) or ability to obtain CPR certificate before date of hire.
- Must have the ability to successfully pass written proficiency test and clinical skills competency checklist during the initial orientation period.
Responsibilities of the Medical Assistant:
- Conducts intake assessments, including reason for visit, pertinent medical histories, medication reconciliation, vital signs, obtains consents for procedure(s) and other testing, such as vision and hearing.
- Conducts pre-visit robust chart scrubbing to identify any follow-up issues, screenings or preventive care needed prior to visit.
- Ensure that appropriate screening tools have been completed such as PHQ 9, Health Literacy, etc.
- Provides red carpeting services to all patients.
- Identifies patient self-management goals during the intake process.
- Prepare examination areas, immunizations, instruments, and set up for procedures?
- Assist in maintaining efficient patient flow, advice MA/Receptionists Leads and/or?Center Manager if client wait times are greater than fifteen (15) minutes.
- Provides interpretation for non-English speaking patients for providers and other staff as needed.
- Give oral, intramuscular, intradermal, and subcutaneous injections of immunizations as ordered by clinicians and covered under scope of practice.
- Perform and record urine dips and prepare urine samples for laboratory.? Instruct patients in specimen collection.
- Provides normal lab results to patient only after provider has signed off. During robust chart reviews identifies any lab results not signed off by a provider.
- Conducts other CLIA-waived laboratory testing’s, such as glucose, pregnancy, and rapid strep.
- Perform venipuncture and capillary specimen collection for CLIA waived testing.?
- Processes and handles blood and /or specimens.?
- Performance and documentation of laboratory equipment quality control.
- Record entries in the Electronic Health Record (EHR) as appropriate for both face-to-face and phone call encounters.
- Ability to work independently with minimum of supervision and to take direction from different clinicians.
- Function as part of a team in the provision of patient care and performance of daily activities.
- Assist provider and licensed nursing staff in the intake assessment of patients and patient telephone calls.
- Assist in maintaining supplies in cabinets, drawers, crash carts and storage room, checking for expiration dates as applicable.
- Clean and sterilize supplies as directed.? Prepare and stock examination rooms for use.
- Assist in reordering expendable supplies and medications.
- Monitor expiration dates on autoclave and other supplies as directed.
- Perform electrocardiograms as needed.
- Performs spirometry testing as ordered.
- Monitor medical equipment for proper function and report any suspect equipment to the Lead MA, Center Manager and/or the Director of Environmental Services.
- Coordinate the referral of patients and the appropriate follow-up of referrals as directed by the nursing and clinician staff for urgent/stat referrals. Directs routine referrals to the Centralized Referral Department.
- Perform individual patient education in conjunction with and as directed by the clinician staff.
- Participate in outreach and follow-up activities as required.
- Performs opening and closing clinic procedures.
- Travel to different sites of assignment as required.
- Participate in staff meetings.
- Understand role in ensuring that the assigned clinic is meeting the organization’s quality metrics.
- Complete records of reportable diseases and monthly reports as required.
- May be required to work evenings and/or weekends.
- Maintain viability of vaccines and monitor vaccine refrigerator.
Meet Your Recruiter
Sr. Staffing Consultant
Born and raised in Fresno, Candace has been a Central Valley girl from the start. She attended Fresno State University and was a member of Kappa Kappa Gamma Sorority. After relocating to Modesto, Candace started her family and her career in health care staffing. Candace knew almost instantly that she had found her calling- finding the right person for the perfect practice! Candace has been a pillar in the AVAILABILITY office since 2007. She leads the healthcare services placement division and brings over 30 years experience in health care placement. When Candace isn’t finding “just what the doctor ordered” she is visiting and enjoying her 5 grandchildren, gardening, wine tasting, walking, listening to music and just being with family and friends.