Manager - Fixed Asset Accounting
Modesto, CA 95354 US
APS has partnered with a local company that is looking for a Manager of Fixed Asset /Accounting manages the administration of the company’s fixed assets and all associated records. This position works with executive management as well as the company’s financial and tax accountants to maintain capitalization policies that maximize profitability while ensuring that the company minimizes its tax liability.
- Collaborate with the company’s tax and financial accountants to establish capitalization policies that provide maximum profitability and minimum tax liability
- Collaborates and has direct oversight of financial auditors on all fixed asset related matters
- Responsible to enforce the company’s capitalization policies
- Continuously improves the processes for fixed asset accounting and related activities, leveraging available and new technology where appropriate
- Responsible for supporting the companies tax accountants on all fixed asset and depreciation matters
- Primary contact for all property tax audits, working with internal and external contacts to achieve the minimum tax liability for the company
- Leads and manages team, to include hiring, training, coaching, counseling, performance appraisals, discipline and termination when necessary, in accordance with
- Labor Relations and Human Resources policies and procedures
- Financial statement analysis, ensuring accuracy and adherence to GAAP
- Special projects as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree - Accounting
- CPA - Preferred
- Strong knowledge of GAAP
- Strong knowledge of depreciation accounting, including tax depreciation
- Ability to perform complex analysis and problem-solve.
- Advanced Excel, Word and query skills
Meet Your Recruiter
Jamie comes to APS with over 15 years of Executive Recruitment and Client Management Experience working on searches to build great teams in a variety of different industries throughout her career. Prior to joining APS, Jamie owned her own Executive Search firm where she specialized in nationwide searches for Accounting, Finance, Operations, Sales, and Marketing roles. She holds an MBA in General Business and a BSBA in Marketing from the University of Central Florida. Although Jamie was born and raised in Florida, she currently resides in Las Vegas, Nevada with her two young children and Golden Retriever. Jamie is passionate about recruiting and doing what she feels is best for both her candidates and clients.