Land Conservation Project Manager
Elk Grove, CA 95624 US
Sacramento & San Joaquin County
Join an impressive and dedicated team working with local farmers, who are dedicated to the protection of farmland. We are seeking a Conservation Manager to oversee easement transactions and stewardship programs. This hybrid role, will allow you to work remote 3 days a week. You'll lead the administration of farmland conservation easements, ensuring the protection of valuable agricultural land.
- Build and maintain positive relationships with landowners, public agency staff, and project team members.
- Direct and manage easement acquisition projects.
- Coordinate and conduct due diligence tasks, including title review, environmental assessments, and soil reports.
- Draft and review land transaction documents, including grant applications, baseline documentation reports, and conservation easements.
- Submit project grant applications and provide grant reporting.
- Develop and monitor project timelines and budgets in compliance with grant requirements.
- Coordinate staff and volunteers for annual easement monitoring and reporting.
- Manage pre-monitoring documentation and in-field monitoring of easements.
- Review monitoring data and report any issues to the Executive Director.
- Prepare reports for the Executive Director and Board of Directors regarding easement violations and corrective actions.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in agriculture, conservation, land planning, or related field preferred, relevant experience is considered.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, ability to work with local farmers and guide them.
- High attention to detail and a commitment to confidentiality.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office; ability to learn additional software as needed.
- Valid driver’s license, reliable automobile, and ability to travel.
- Working knowledge of production agriculture and land protection tools.
- Experience with project accounting and working with government agencies and nonprofit organizations.
Meet Your Recruiter
Jamie comes to APS with over 15 years of Executive Recruitment and Client Management Experience working on searches to build great teams in a variety of different industries throughout her career. Prior to joining APS, Jamie owned her own Executive Search firm where she specialized in nationwide searches for Accounting, Finance, Operations, Sales, and Marketing roles. She holds an MBA in General Business and a BSBA in Marketing from the University of Central Florida. Although Jamie was born and raised in Florida, she currently resides in Las Vegas, Nevada with her two young children and Golden Retriever. Jamie is passionate about recruiting and doing what she feels is best for both her candidates and clients.