Dispatcher - PM Shift
Stockton, CA 95206 US
Temp to Hire
Great temp-hire opportunity as a dispatcher who appreciates an alternative work schedule which works less days per week and more hours per day. Shift is 5:00 PM - 5:00AM with a rotating shift. Schedule is 2 on 2 off, 5 on 5 off. Working Mon & Tues every week, and Fri-Sun every other week. This 12 hour shift pays OT after 8 hrs/day!
Compiles and transmits dispatching information and instructions between the central office, terminals, company terminals and trucks.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
Matching of drivers, products, and deliveries to best suit the needs of both the company and the customer.
Change schedules, equipment and drivers to best accomplish an ever changing product demand schedule.
Responsible for all deliveries on schedule for any given shift, making changes as needed when challenges arise.
- Exercise the authority to meet emergency situations involving substantial amounts of equipment, people, and resources.
- Record all information needed to enable drivers to make safe deliveries of products ordered through the automated dispatch system.
Record information in the appropriate locations to ensure proper booking.
Dispatch loads with constraints of D.O.T. regulations for drivers time.
- Promptly notify customers of any exceptions with a delivery in order to minimize future difficulties.
- Dispatch Experience preferred
- Data Entry skills
- Excellent Math skills
- Organized and reliable, team player, positive
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office Word, Excel and Outlook, Instant Messenger and basic office equipment.
- Knowledge of inventory software/programs
Meet Your Recruiter
Kaytlin was born and raised in Dallas, Texas, but worked anywhere from the Central Valley to the Metropolitan New York area. She has extensive experience in event planning, real estate, and hospitality management. Kaytlin's time in those industries has equipped her with a strong sense of organization, a drive to exceed client expectations, and a laser focus on recruiting, building, and developing high-performance teams. Kaytlin is an incredibly creative individual, so when she's not with us helping people realize and achieve their goals, she is working on her design, vocal, or photography skills and spending time teaching and playing with her beautiful daughter, Laikyn.