Modesto, CA 95356 US
Job Title: Bookkeeper
Compensation: $25-$30/hr DOE
Are you an experienced bookkeeper looking for a new opportunity? In this role, you will have the chance to use your expertise in maintaining financial records, processing cash receipts and payroll, and preparing financial statements. Apply today!
- Manage and maintain the company's financial records, including journals and the general ledger
- Assist with the day-to-day operations of the Accounting department, ensuring all files and reports are accurate and up-to-date
- Process cash receipts, bank deposits, and reconcile bank accounts
- Handle payroll for a small staff, including processing, tracking, and reporting
- Manage and reconcile petty cash transactions
- Enter financial information into appropriate data programs and systems
- Prepare journal entries in accordance with proper accounting standards & quarterly reports
- Perform account reconciliations to ensure all ledgers are accurate
- Provide support in the preparation of financial statements and reports
- Prepare and maintain required Sales Tax reports
- Assist with audit preparation and reporting
- Manage AP processing, to avoid late fees and penalties
- General administrative duties
- Strong understanding of accounting principles and bookkeeping practices
- Experience with financial record-keeping and data entry
- High school diploma or GED required, associate degree or higher in accounting or related field preferred.
Meet Your Recruiter
Sr. Staffing Consultant
Kelsey was born and raised in West Virginia but moved to California for career opportunities presented by AVAILABILITY in 2016. She is currently our HR Coordinator/Staffing Consultant, touching many aspects of the business including candidate payroll, accounts payable, accounts receivable, as well as recruiting. When Kelsey is not in the office you can find her at home with her three dogs, spending time with family, or outdoors exploring nature!